I’m turning 35 (thirty-five!!) in a few days and my husband and family chipped in to buy me a new digital camera. The camera arrived today and since we’re leaving on our annual road trip in a few days, my husband was merciful enough to give me the camera tonight so I could read the book and test it out before we leave.
With this camera, I graduate from a point and shoot to a digital SLR. I have a film SLR and have been not-so-secretly pining for a digital for a while. I was having some fun tonight, firing off shots of a few of my favorite things.
I can’t wait to use this camera outdoors–the road trip will provide ample opportunity I’m sure! Some highlights include:
- A visit to a drive-in movie–we’re going to see the new Johnny Depp film under the stars!
- Riding a train through the woods, along a river.
- Body sliding down a natural water slide in a Vermont river.
- Nosing around the town where my paternal grandfather spent his childhood.
- Visits to independent bookstores, antique shops, and farmers’ markets.
- A trip to the new Woodstock Museum–this August marks the 40th anniversary of Woodstock–my dad was there way back when!
Compared to our previous trips, this one is a bit tame. We’ve been to a rodeo in Wyoming, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Wall Drug, The Mitchell Corn Palace, The Madonna Inn, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Memphis, Graceland, Dollywood, Nashville, Houston, Austin, Montana, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Cadillac Ranch, and more–all by car!
What’s on YOUR summer calendar? Are you going away? Taking a ‘stay’cation right in your own backyard? I’m sure that no matter what our plans, we all share one thing–we’ll have plenty of books to read!